Wednesday, 23 May 2012

~Hiatus~

In case it wasn't already obvious, I'm on a bit of a break from blogging at the moment. It's just so I can focus on getting through my final university exams alive..! My body and brain are disagreeing big-time with all the extra stress. Scrap decades, my thyroid will have burned itself out by June. My winning revision technique consists of lying face down in a book and attempting to learn by osmosis. Looking forward to the middle of June when it will all be over and I can focus madly on getting my health back.

Also, SIGN SIGN SIGN https://www.change.org/petitions/endocrinologists-patients-with-thyroid-dysfunction-demand-better-care

"This petition is bringing the underground movement created by thyroid patients the mainstream attention that it deserves. This is an international patient revolution, and we demand change. It is inexcusable that patients continually encounter endocrinologists who perpetuate their illnesses by insufficient or outdated knowledge."

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jess~ Best of luck getting through the last few weeks of school :) I think taking a break from blogging is wise - the last thing you need is any more stress and a blog should not be stressful. We do this to alleviate stress! Hang in there and I look forward to reading your words of wisdom sometime this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for taking the time from studying to post this! We need to join as many thyroid patients, and our supporters, as possible. Good luck on your exams. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, Jess, when you have less stress and more time, please check us out on Facebook www.facebook.com/thyroidpetition.Join our FB community: http://www.facebook.com/groups/464149450266190/473456919335443/?comment_id=473651412649327&notif_t=group_activity

    All of your readers are welcome! Your blog will also be listed as a supporter :-) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jess,

    I hope and pray that you are doing well. I'm actually on a summer break from school and will return in August, so I feel your pain. You can do it! Take as many breaks as you can. I'm a nut case when finals come around. I have since found out that it is the lack of sleep that gets me all out of control with the thyroid.

    I also joined the facebook page for the movement to improve healthcare for Thyroid disease. I think we all need to ban together because too many of us have had inferior care.

    Best of luck to you

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for stopping by and wishing me well! Really kind. I'm enjoying catching up with your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stay focused and healthy! Petition signed.

    Shemeka - Surving with Hypothyroidism
    http://shemekarsumrall.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete